=========================

=========================

Copper Kettle / Study

Color! The richness and variety of the orange in the kettle, fabric and flowers are complimented by the blue green of the foliage. To my eye this is irresistible!

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Cyclamen

This delicate painting  is hard to capture. It is of Christmas cyclamens and I painted it on the soft paper I am currently using. This work is very different from my usual more graphic images, and requires a closer look. I am enamored with the looseness and the soft way it implies the subject, rather than a more forthright presentation.
Is this being romantic, prithee?

The watercolor is 22" x 30"

3 comments:

Mary Ann Machi said...

So beautiful! I want to see it in person to be able to appreciate fully. :)

Unknown said...

Wow Judy, this one in particular is wonderful. I just remembered you had this blog, glad I did.
-Maria Schoettler

tony said...

good direction.

Post a Comment