=========================

=========================

Copper Kettle / Study

Color! The richness and variety of the orange in the kettle, fabric and flowers are complimented by the blue green of the foliage. To my eye this is irresistible!

Sunday, July 18, 2010

July 18, late morning

I've had the flu all week, and this morning I finally found enough energy to leave the house and paint! I had been dreaming of doing just this during my fever. This is a sun struck section of road and fence in Briceland, light bouncing everywhere. Just what I needed.
Normally the paintings I post are scanned and the resulting images are completely true to the original-solid ; but this image is from a photo I took at the site which is why it appears so pale. I thought it was kinda poetic but maybe it's a reflection of my feverish state!

2 comments:

witiger said...

Very poetic...and with a light-headed feel...xo Naomi

tony said...

tres fauviste . . . whatever that means. and, kind of soft for all that briceland light bouncing ....love tony

Post a Comment